Avid planner or spontaneous explorer? Whatever your philosophy, this is where your thoughts of spending a quiet day at home come to die. Search by date or popular category to find the perfect event for savouring urban life.
- This event has passed.
TEDxBucharest 2018 | Crossing Boundaries
Fri, 30 Nov 2018 ⏐10:00 am - Sat, 1 Dec 2018 ⏐8:00 pm
– Radu Păltineanu | Cyclist, Alpinist, Adventure Seeker, Blogger. The man who cycled over 34.000 km in over 30 countries;
– Gregory Caremans | Brain wizard & Director at Brain Academy. His slogan is “Sharpen your mind”;
– John Florescu | TV Producer, Entrepreneur & Journalist
– Gabriel Hallevy | Full Professor at the Faculty of Law, Ono Academic College. He lectures Criminal Law, Criminal Justice, Evidence Law, Corporation Law, Conflict of Laws, Bankruptcy law, Legal Systems, Game Theory and the Law, and Law and Mathematics;
– Andrew Chakhoyan | Futurist, Globalist, Optimist, Founder & CEO of Strategic Narrative Consulting, writer for the Global Economic Forum;
– Steven D’Souza | Associate Fellow at Saïd Business School, University of Oxford and Leadership Consultant & Executive Coach for INSEAD;
– David Mattin | Head of trends & insights at Trendwatching;
– Marius Ursache | Disciplined entrepreneur, designer and former doctor, Eterni.Me Founder
– Tom London | Tech magician;
– Lucian Constantinescu | Mental illness fighter;
– Claudiu Miu | Social entrepreneur & professional climber;
– Andrei Tudor | 10 years old Robotics Mastermind;
– Dr. Tammy Nelson | PhD Board Certified Sexologist, Licensed Relationship therapist, Psychology Professor;
– Alyssa Carson | Astronaut in Training for Mars Mission;
– Nadya Zhaxembayeva | Chief Reinvention Officer, author & consultant;
– Laura Diana Raetchi | Political Affairs Officer, Asia and Middle East Division, Department of Peacekeeping Operations at United Nations;
– Ian Bradbury | Former Canadian Forces infantry non-commissioned officer and founder of the 1st New Allied Expeditionary Force;
– Eugen Radescu | Director of Bucharest Biennale;
– Alexa Valianatos | Vice-president of MozaiQ Association;
– Emil Pantelimon | The manager of “Madrigal – Marin Constantin” National Chamber Choir.
– Soundopamine & Aural Eye | Outstanding audiovisual performance
– Avram Iancu | Record-breaker Swimmer
MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED SHORTLY
At the 10th edition of TEDxBucharest we aim to push ideas even further, breaking them out of schools, out of books and out of gender and racial constructs.
Have you always been wondering how miracles happen? They are the sparks of your firing souls ignited by inspiration and aspiration where limit is just a 5-letter word and CROSSING BOUNDARIES becomes an attitude.
Our modern existence is defined by socially accepted limits, both physical and psychological. And we’re told they are meant to keep us safe and enable us to operate optimally within society. But the people who changed the world are those who challenged limits. They committed acts of disobedience or empathy and caused a shift in the way we understand our emotions which ultimately lead to innovation. Once a boundary is breached, it’s breached forever. Those who dare change, those are the ones who create something together, breaking down silos and transforming lives, crossing perimeters of territory, industry, race or identity.
It’s time to object to these borders with ideas. It’s time to burst the bubble and cross off the lines guarded by fear and uncertainty. And it’s time to embrace change and address what IS possible. At the 10th edition of TEDxBucharest we aim to push ideas even further, breaking them out of schools, out of books and out of gender and racial constructs. This year we will challenge you to cross your boundaries. Because you don’t just happen.
- View Organizer Website