The world leader in digital imaging, precision optics and photo imaging technology, Nikon has officially announced the successor to its popular D80 D-SLR (digital single lens reflex) camera – Nikon D90, the first
mid-class D-SLR camera which includes new D-Movie mode that allows users to record cinematic 24fps HD video with sound at 720p (1280 x 720 pixels).
“The D90 delivers incredible imaging performance and control, setting a new standard for its class. This marriage of outstanding still image performance and HD movie clip capacity represents the dawn of a new age for D-SLR cameras. The D90’s handling characteristics and long list of features are sure to deliver the photographic experience that Nikon photographers have come to expect from Nikon engineering,” said Edward Fasano, general manager for marketing, SLR System Products at Nikon Inc. “Everyone at Nikon is especially eager to see the myriad of ways that imaginative D90 photographers will explore the world of cinematic 24fps HD video through the eyes of NIKKOR optics.”
Main Features Of Nikon D90 Digital SLR Camera:
- 12.3 effective megapixels DX-format CMOS imaging sensor – Coupled with Nikon’s exclusive EXPEED image processing technologies and NIKKOR optics, breathtaking image fidelity is assured.
- Continuous shooting as fast as 4.5 frames-per-second – Combined with fast 0.15ms power-up and split-second 65ms shooting lag, dramatic action and decisive moments are captured easily.
- D-Movie Mode—Cinematic 24fps HD with sound – Record cinematic-quality movie clips at up to 720p HD (1280 x 720 pixels) in Motion JPEG format, enhanced by NIKKOR interchangeable lens quality
- Low noise ISO sensitivity from 200 to 3200 – High signal-to-noise components and design deliver exceptional performance, even at high ISO setting.
- Large 3-inch super-density 920,000-dot color LCD screen – High resolution, 170˚ wide-viewing angle guarantees confident image review and movie playback.
- Built-in image sensor cleaning – Effective 4-frequency, ultrasonic sensor cleaning frees image degrading dust particles from the sensor’s optical low pass filter.
- 11-point AF system with Face Priority – Consistently fast and accurate autofocus, reinforced by the Nikon’s exclusive Scene Recognition System, delivering razor sharpness in a wide variety of
- One-button Live View – Easy to use Live View activates access to 3 contrast detection focus modes including Face Priority AF. Nikon 3D Color Matrix Metering II with Scene Recognition System – Nikon’s renowned 420-pixel RGB 3D Color Matrix Metering II, teamed with the exclusive Scene Recognition System, evaluates images, referencing an on-board database of over 30,000 photographic scenes,
for unmatched exposure accuracy.
- Comprehensive exposure control – 5 advanced scene modes plus Program Auto, Shutter Priority, Aperture Priority and Manual. Auto Active D-Lighting – Selectable and Automatic, Active D-Lighting
optimizes details within shadows and highlights, taming high-contrast situations in real time.
- Durable, high precision shutter – Testing to over 100,000 cycles assures shutter life and accuracy.
- In-Camera Image Editing – Creative freedom stems from exclusive in-camera image editing, featuring Fisheye effect, Straighten and Distortion Control as well as D-Lighting, Red-eye Reduction, Image
Overlay, Monochrome and more.
- GPS geo-tagging – GP-1 GPS unit (optional) provides automatic real-time geo-tagging.